Sleek. Sophisticated. Performance. Three words that describe the BR1 Channel Jacket by Musto.
The BR1 Channel Jacket is the ideal outer shell for sailors who want a light weight yet high performance sailing jacket without the bulk. Like any sailing jacket, the BR1 is waterproof and windproof. What makes it special is the degree of breathabiliy that the jacket has - up to 3,000 moisture vapour transfers. This breathability helps keep your body temperature regulated during high times of activity. The ergonomic design and the waterhead pressure resistance of up to 5,000mm also adds to the benefits of the jacket. Ain't no water getting through this jacket!
But seriously, what is BR1? It is a technology used by Musto exclusively for their sailing collection that coats the fabric in a hydrophilic treatment. This treatment absorbs moisture from high humidity zones that are common on the human body and drives said moisture out and away from the body, allowing you stay dry and at a comfortable temperature.
The BR1 is also treated with Musto's Durable Water Repellent (DWR) to help ensure that water repell's off the fabric rather than soak through the fabric. The DWR is a polymer compound that makes the water run off the jacket - no pooling or soaking here. Think of how water beads and runs off an umbrella when its raining - the same effect happens on the BR1 Jacket thanks to the DWR coating. The Benefit? The jacket doesn't get heavy when it meets water for long periods of time and the drying time is reduced when it does meet water.
The BR1 garments, like the Channel Jacket, are ideal for entry level sailing and those who are unlikely to be subject to severe weather conditions for a prolonged time.
The BR1 Channel Jacket also boasts the following features:
- PU coated polyamide BR1 fabric for high levels of breathability and durability
- Roll-away fluorescent peaked hood with width, height & face adjustment for superior weather protection
- Fleece lined collar for comfort and warmth
- Articulated elbows for ease of movement
- Adjustable double cuff design giving virtual drysuit cuff protection
- Double storm flap with drainage channel covering 2-way YKK® zip
- Fleece-lined hand warmer pockets behind cargo pockets for warmth
- Inner security pocket to protect personal items
- Large self-draining cargo pockets for easy access to essential items
- Adjustable hem tensioner for snug fit
- Front and rear toggle loops to attach lifejacket
- Internal glasses pocket with microfibre cleaning cloth
- Musto prismatic reflectors for increased visibility in low light conditions
Targeted towards coastal sailors, the cut, style, and price also makes it the perfect fit for racers or cruisers alike.
Available in both men's and women's sizing.
Fogh Marine will be offering a $75 Fogh Marine gift card with every purchase of Musto BR1 at the Toronto International Boat Show this January 10th-18th, 2015 (Special Preview Night on the 9th) at the Direct Energy Centre! Make sure to stop on by and check out the Fogh Marine Retail booth #G535 to get in on this great deal.